- Monday, 14 April 2014 3:05Posted by SoundWatersOur Science Stars sailed aboard the schooner SoundWaters for the first STEM sail of the 2014 season! The girls hauled in their own plankton nets to conduct a population study of the smallest organisms in Long Island Sound. They learned about charting and plotting to navigate across the Sound. Using scientific samplers, they tested water parameters, including pH and salinity, from multiple sections of the water column and created their own soil filtration experiments to show human impact on our environment. More information about the STEM sail program can be found here: http://www.soundwaters.org/come-sailing/education-sails/ ...more
- Wednesday, 09 April 2014 1:59Posted by SoundWatersThe crew had a nice first trawl of the season. We picked up 5 spider crabs, a blue mussel, 5 mantis shrimp, moon snail, whelk, and hermit crabs galore....more
- Friday, 04 April 2014 4:50Posted by SoundWatersmore
1. We're awesome & we know how to have fun!
2. We have new, exciting, hands-on activities!
3. We experience Long Island Sound through swimming, fishing, sailing, canoeing, & more!
We want your family to experience all that Camp SoundWaters has to offer & have an amazing summer!
Early Registration will end in 3 weeks!!
Take advantage of our discounts & register today!...
- Tuesday, 01 April 2014 2:33Posted by SoundWatersNot an April fools joke. We are enjoying a lovely training sail off of Stamford harbor....more
- Friday, 28 March 2014 8:30Posted by SoundWaters
We are going to kick off spring with a Camp Open House!
Sunday March 30, 2014 at the SoundWaters center.
Schedule of events:
10:00am to 11:00am - Hold a sea star, spider crab, horseshoe crab & more animals!
11:00am to 12:00pm - Meet sailing instructors, play a team-building game, & enjoy and cool nautical flag...
- Wednesday, 19 March 2014 3:19Posted by SoundWatersWinter break held special meaning for 60 girls in grades 3 - 7, who analyzed fish respiration,...more
- Sunday, 19 January 2014 3:38Posted by SoundWatersMore than 26,000 students had the opportunity this past year to be outside, to connect to their...more
- Tuesday, 10 December 2013 4:00Posted by SoundWaters
December 2013: SoundGeneration – High school students create their own approach to protecting Long Island SoundEach week, the Coastal Center is abuzz with the activities of SoundGeneration, a network of high school...more
- Tuesday, 03 December 2013 4:58Posted by SoundWatersIn the midst of a mayoral campaign crowded with debates on numerous topics, the environment took center...more
- Tuesday, 03 December 2013 3:38Posted by SoundWatersThis summer, more than 350 campers explored, examined, investigated and discovered the habitats, marine animals and waters...more
- Tuesday, 03 December 2013 3:21Posted by SoundWatersEvery Spring and Summer SoundWaters benefits from the generosity of volunteer groups who lend us time, energy...more
- Monday, 11 March 2013 5:00Posted by SoundWatersSeparating ink colors through chromatography experiments, testing water samples from Holly Pond, dissecting squid and learning alongside...more
- Monday, 11 March 2013 4:50Posted by SoundWatersSoundWaters educators shared teaching methods with other environmental education groups at the 3rd Annual REED ("Regional Environmental...more
- Monday, 11 March 2013 4:19Posted by SoundWatersSoundWaters educators took our acclaimed coastal education program eastward, bringing marine science experiments and live animals to...more
- Monday, 11 March 2013 4:10Posted by SoundWatersAs SoundWaters and the region continue to dig out from Hurricane Sandy, we are especially fortunate to...more
- Monday, 10 September 2012 10:00Posted by SoundWatersNearly 4,000 children and adults of all ages visited the SoundWaters booth at area festivals this fall,...more
- Monday, 06 August 2012 3:38Posted by SoundWatersSummer may be ending but 475 campers will stay warm with memories of swimming in Long Island...more
- Tuesday, 10 July 2012 10:00Posted by SoundWatersEnvironmental sails aboard the Schooner SoundWaters have been a mainstay of our public education in the Stamford...more
- Tuesday, 05 June 2012 3:39Posted by SoundWatersEach spring, a dramatic scene unfolds on our beaches as horseshoe crabs make their way from the...more
- Thursday, 10 May 2012 10:00Posted by SoundWatersSoundWaters presented Governor Dannel P. Malloy with the first Founder's Award to recognize his passion and commitment...more
- Thursday, 05 April 2012 3:50Posted by SoundWatersThis Spring, Bridgeport students got outside over spring break to learn about Long Island Sound and their...more
- Monday, 05 March 2012 3:53Posted by SoundWatersEvery Stamford 8th grader is headed to the Mianus River during March and April, but it is...more
- Friday, 10 February 2012 10:00Posted by SoundWatersDo you know the meaning of brackish, regeneration, camouflage? Just ask any preschooler who participates in SoundWaters...more
- Tuesday, 10 January 2012 10:00Posted by SoundWatersA group of middle school students, when given the opportunity to select a community service project, decided...more
Tall Ships Ball – May 10, 2014
Join us to kick off our 25th Anniversary Celebration at the Tall Ships Ball on May 10 at the Stamford Yacht Club.Read more
Register today for Camp SoundWaters 2014
Camp SoundWaters – It’s a SHORE thing! Outdoor Adventures and Sailing for children entering grades K-8.Read more
- Events on April 24, 2014Effects of Global Climate Change: Adapting Buildings & OperationsStarts: 5:30 pmEnds: April 24, 2014 - 7:30 pmLocation: UBS StamfordDescription: For more information: http://www.soundwaters.org/get-involved/business-the-environment/
- Events on May 10, 2014Tall Ships BallStarts: 6:30 pmEnds: May 10, 2014 - 11:30 pmLocation: Stamford Yacht Club
- Events on May 17, 2014Make a Difference Day & Camp Open HouseStarts: 10:00 amEnds: May 17, 2014 - 1:00 pmLocation: Camp SoundWaters, Cove Road, Stamford, CT, United StatesDescription: Tour of the facilities, meet the camp staff, and have a great time! More information: http://conta.cc/1m0ZkUY