- Friday, 07 March 2014 4:56Posted by SoundWatersmore
At Camp SoundWaters, we value our team!
Our amazing staff return every summer! They provide campers with exciting hands-on experiences that are a ton of fun! Our team of counselors are all about enthusiasm, dedication, and teamwork.
Sign up today!
Early Registration & Multiple Session Discounts.
Camp Open House Update:
Sunday March 30, 2014
- Tuesday, 04 March 2014 3:37Posted by SoundWatersmore
This summer, Camp SoundWaters is introducing the SHARKS (Grades 4 - 5). These water wizards that will learn to paddle a canoe, explore a Secret Salt Marsh and solve animal mysteries!
Early Registration Discount. Multiple Sessions Discount....
- Friday, 21 February 2014 1:55Posted by SoundWatersSoundWaters raised the expectations for sixty girls in grades 3 through 7 who traded in their winter vacation for a week filled with hands-on science experiments and activities at the annual Science Stars program. The girls tested hypotheses, completed science journals and learned from real women scientists about career options they never had considered....more
- Friday, 14 February 2014 5:20Posted by SoundWatersFor those who wonder what Captain Justin Cathcart does in the winter, just take a look. He traded boat shoes for snowshoes to rake off the snow-covered roof at the SoundWaters Coastal Center, while dreaming of a warm summer wind at his back....more
- Friday, 31 January 2014 2:35Posted by SoundWatersSoundWaters is starting up our 6 session in-school program with Childcare Learning Centers of Stamford. This morning our SoundKids met a Diamondback Terrapin, the only turtle found in brackish water. They watched intently as the terrapin crawled along the carpet, carrying its shell. Always a crowd pleaser!...more
- Tuesday, 10 December 2013 4:00Posted by SoundWaters
December 2013: SoundGeneration – High school students create their own approach to protecting Long Island SoundEach week, the Coastal Center is abuzz with the activities of SoundGeneration, a network of high school...more
- Tuesday, 03 December 2013 4:58Posted by SoundWatersIn the midst of a mayoral campaign crowded with debates on numerous topics, the environment took center...more
- Tuesday, 03 December 2013 3:38Posted by SoundWatersThis summer, more than 350 campers explored, examined, investigated and discovered the habitats, marine animals and waters...more
- Tuesday, 03 December 2013 3:21Posted by SoundWatersEvery Spring and Summer SoundWaters benefits from the generosity of volunteer groups who lend us time, energy...more
- Monday, 11 March 2013 5:00Posted by SoundWatersSeparating ink colors through chromatography experiments, testing water samples from Holly Pond, dissecting squid and learning alongside...more
- Monday, 11 March 2013 4:50Posted by SoundWatersSoundWaters educators shared teaching methods with other environmental education groups at the 3rd Annual REED ("Regional Environmental...more
- Monday, 11 March 2013 4:19Posted by SoundWatersSoundWaters educators took our acclaimed coastal education program eastward, bringing marine science experiments and live animals to...more
- Monday, 11 March 2013 4:10Posted by SoundWatersAs SoundWaters and the region continue to dig out from Hurricane Sandy, we are especially fortunate to...more
- Monday, 10 September 2012 10:00Posted by SoundWatersNearly 4,000 children and adults of all ages visited the SoundWaters booth at area festivals this fall,...more
- Monday, 06 August 2012 3:38Posted by SoundWatersSummer may be ending but 475 campers will stay warm with memories of swimming in Long Island...more
- Tuesday, 10 July 2012 10:00Posted by SoundWatersEnvironmental sails aboard the Schooner SoundWaters have been a mainstay of our public education in the Stamford...more
- Tuesday, 05 June 2012 3:39Posted by SoundWatersEach spring, a dramatic scene unfolds on our beaches as horseshoe crabs make their way from the...more
- Thursday, 10 May 2012 10:00Posted by SoundWatersSoundWaters presented Governor Dannel P. Malloy with the first Founder's Award to recognize his passion and commitment...more
- Thursday, 05 April 2012 3:50Posted by SoundWatersThis Spring, Bridgeport students got outside over spring break to learn about Long Island Sound and their...more
- Monday, 05 March 2012 3:53Posted by SoundWatersEvery Stamford 8th grader is headed to the Mianus River during March and April, but it is...more
- Friday, 10 February 2012 10:00Posted by SoundWatersDo you know the meaning of brackish, regeneration, camouflage? Just ask any preschooler who participates in SoundWaters...more
- Tuesday, 10 January 2012 10:00Posted by SoundWatersA group of middle school students, when given the opportunity to select a community service project, decided...more
Book your 2014 S.T.E.M. sail today!
Bring your students aboard the schooner SoundWaters to experience new S.T.E.M. leaning stations and experiments.Read more
Register today for Camp SoundWaters 2014
Camp SoundWaters – It’s a SHORE thing! Outdoor Adventures and Sailing for children entering grades K-8.Read more
- Events on March 25, 2014
- When Next Storms Hit: Adapting to Insurance RequirementsStarts: 12:00 pmEnds: March 25, 2014 - 1:30 pmLocation: UConn StamfordDescription: For more information: http://www.soundwaters.org/get-involved/business-the-environment/
- Events on March 30, 2014
- Camp SoundWaters Open HouseStarts: 10:00 amEnds: March 30, 2014 - 1:00 pmLocation: Camp SoundWaters, Cove Road, Stamford, CT, United StatesDescription: Tour of the facilities, meet the camp staff, and have a great time! More information: http://conta.cc/1m0ZkUY
- Events on April 24, 2014
- Effects of Global Climate Change: Adapting Buildings & OperationsStarts: 5:30 pmEnds: April 24, 2014 - 7:30 pmLocation: UBS StamfordDescription: For more information: http://www.soundwaters.org/get-involved/business-the-environment/
- Events on May 10, 2014
- Tall Ships BallStarts: 6:30 pmEnds: May 10, 2014 - 11:30 pmLocation: Stamford Yacht Club